Environmental Protection Agency
Montenegro Industrial Waste Management and Clean-up Project (IWMCP)
Request for Expressions of Interest
Consulting Services: Individual Consultant
Loan No. 8428-0 ME
Reference No. MNE-IWMCP-8428-CS-IC-18-3.3.3
This Request for Expression of Interest (REoI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue online on March 18, 2015.
Montenegro has received loan from the World Bank in the amount of EUR 50 million toward the cost for the Industrial Waste Management and Clean-up Project (IWMCP).
The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism (MSDT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) intend to apply part of the proceeds of this loan towards payment for consulting services under the contracts for Civil Engineer (Full working time) for work in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
The consulting services (“the Services”) includes technical assistance to the MSDT/EPA and PMU. Consultant will report to and take guidance from the Project Manager of the PMU, MSDT/EPA.
Specifically the Civil Engineer is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Drafting the terms of references for the consultancy services for the clean-up of the sites (site investigations, designs preparation etc.) and construction supervision;
- Liaise with the national and local authorities responsible for construction related activities, supporting preparation of TORs for consultancy services.
- Management of local and foreign consultants that will be responsible for the preparation of the detail designs and construction supervision, monitoring progress on deliverables under those contracts and coordination of the work of the consultants consistent with the overall project implementation plan; and with the construction supervisors also oversee and facilitate the works on the physical clean-up and export of hazardous waste;
- Technical supervision and review of the site investigations and detail designs and of civil works from the side of the PMU, review all technical documentation and provide systematic information and reports on the progress of works.
- Review the documentation in relation to the safety of dams.
- Participate in public consultation, and review at other documents (EIA, ESIA etc.) within consultant scope of work.
The Consultant is expected to be available to commence as in February 2018. The Consultant shall work closely together with the MSDT/EPA, PMU and TSU.
The successful applicant will be recruited on a full time contractual basis for a period of 1 year. Initial probation period of 3 months will apply. Contract can be renewed on an annual basis up till the end of the project and based upon performance.
The MSDT/EPA through the Technical Service Unit (TSU) now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, description of similar assignments performed, experience in similar conditions, letters of recommendation, etc.). Individual consultants may be offered through firms or other organizations, but the qualifications of the individual consultant will be the basis of selection and contract will be signed with individual consultant.
Required qualification and criteria for selection of the consultant will be:
- University degree in a relevant field (Civil engineering). Advanced third level qualification would be an advantage;
- At least 7 years of professional experience out of which at least 5 years of experience in civil engineering or environmental projects
- Experience with civil works supervisionin the last five years is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English language with strong written, oral communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working in teams.
- Computer literacy.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (issued on January, 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants-IC method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 9-15 hours local time.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below by February 01, 2018. 14:00h local time. EOI can be submitted Via E-mail and in envelope and must clearly indicate project name, reference number and sender details.
Ministry of Finance
Technical Service Unit -TSU
Attn: Mirko Lješević, Senior Procurement officer
Address: Jovana Tomasevica 2 (Stara zgrada Vlade -Office 48.)
81000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 20 201-695
Fax: +382 20 201-698