Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism Environmental Protection Agency
Montenegro Industrial Waste Management and Clean-up Project (IWMCP)
Request for Expressions of Interest
Technical Control (Revision) of Design of the Investigation works & Geotechnical Design and Supervision of the Investigation Works (Phase I) for “Additional design and engineering services for a temporary barrier for the remediation, classification & evaluation of the Shipyard ‘Bijela’ contaminated soil and blasting grit waste”
Consulting Services: CQ
Loan No. 8428-0 ME
Reference No. MNE-IWMCP-8428-CQ-CS-17-1.3.8
Montenegro has joined the World Bank Group in January 2007. The Government of Montenegro has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Industrial Waste Management and Clean-up Project. The IWMCP aims to (i) reduce the environmental and public health risks of selected industrial waste disposal sites through investments in environmental control measures and infrastructure for management of industrial waste; and (ii) strengthen institutional capacity to regulate and manage industrial and hazardous waste.
The project consists of the following components: 1. Remediation of historic industrial waste disposal sites; 2. Future Industrial Hazardous Waste Management; 3. Project Management.
The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism (MSDT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) intend to apply part of the proceeds of this loan towards payment for consulting services under the contracts for IWMCP project assignment: Technical Control (Revision) of Design of the Investigation works & Geotechnical Design and Supervision of the Investigation Works (Phase I) for ‘Additional design and engineering services for a temporary barrier for the remediation, classification & evaluation of the Shipyard ‘Bijela’ contaminated soil and blasting grit waste’
Consulting service (“the Service”) includes:
- Review (Technical Control) of the Design of the Investigation works;
- Supervision of the Investigation Works;
- Review (Technical Control) of the Geotechnical Design after completion of the Investigation Works.
Technical Control and Supervision of investigation works shall be performed fully in compliance with valid Montenegrin technical regulation and legislation (laws and by-laws), namely: Law on spatial development and construction of structures with amendments, and Law on Geological Research
The Revision and Supervision shall comply with IBRD and Montenegrin standard and regulations.
The Reports should contain clear statement about:
- Compliance of the scope of documentation with the requirements of the legislation;
- Compliance with the Law and other regulations, technical norms, standards and quality norms;
- Interoperability with all parts of the Geotechnical Design and verification of bill of quantities for works;
- Technical solutions that cannot be justified according to the Montenegrin technical regulation, standards, norms and good practice (deviations),
- Scope of required changes of the Geotechnical Design in case of deviations
- Acceptance of the Geotechnical Design in case of no deviations in technical design and full compliance with valid Montenegrin technical regulation and legislation
Output: Report about Technical control and findings should be delivered in Montenegrin and English language and shall be conducted fully in compliance with Montenegrin technical regulation and legislation.
Estimated time for completion: 7 days after delivery of Design of the Investigation works and 7 days after delivery of the Geotechnical Design.
The scope of work for the Supervision of the Investigation Works consists of the verification and approval of the quality and quantities of works carried out by the independent Consultant.
Estimated duration of the drilling is five (5) days. Supervisor is required to be present on the site every day.
The MSDT/EPA through the Technical Service Unit (TSU) now invites eligible Consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- Qualification of the consultant (firm) relevant to the assignment: Interested Consultant should submit references of assignments from similar projects in the last 5 years (from the beginning of 2012 until the date of submission of Expression of interest). Reference should contain: investor data to which service was performed, project description, contract value for performed services and implementation period.
- Professional staff which is generally available for this assignment: List of the key staff that is generally available for this kind of work; All professions should be covered depending on the type of main technical design documentation with number of staff stipulated by the Law, its amendments and other regulation (rulebooks) that regulating preparation of the Design of the Investigation works, Geotechnical works and Supervision of the works.
Consultant firm may submit other documents considered important, and which are not listed above to justify general qualifications and qualifications relevant to the assignment.
According to the Law on spatial development and construction of structures with amendments, and Law on Geological Research the successful Consultant firm shall provide before the contract signing all necessary licenses for required service, issued by responsible state authority;
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQ procedures for Selection Based on Consultants’ Qualification (set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers ) [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] “Consultant Guidelines” (May 2004, revised in October 2006 May 2010 and January 2011). The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The associations should clearly indicate the form of the association (Joint-venture, sub-consultancy; member in charge; other member/s and or sub-consultants). Joint ventures should submit letters of intent indicating their intent to form a joint venture if awarded the contract and shall provide the above mentioned information for each member of the joint venture.
A consultant company will be selected in accordance with the selection method Consultants´ Qualification-CQ set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011, revised January 2014) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below, from 09:00 to 15:00 hours.
Expressions of interest (in hard copy and via e-mail) must be delivered to the address below by December 13, 2017. 14,00h CET. EOI must clearly indicate project name, subject number and sender details.
Ministry of Finance
Technical Service Unit -TSU
Attn: Zoran Mijović, S. Procurement officer
Address: Jovana Tomasevica 2.
(Stara zgrada Vlade -Office 48.)
81000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 20 201-697
Fax: +382 20 201-698